Grant Funding Programs for Students and Companies
The Center for Manufacturing Technology (CMT) works with community base organizations and the workforce development organizations throughout the state of MA to obtain training dollars for our students and grant funds for corporations looking to train their employees.
Please reach out to the inquire about available training dollars for tuition and corporate training financial support.
METRO NORTH WIOA YOUTH GRANT PROGRAM
Center for Manufacturing Technology is offering free career training in Advanced Manufacturing to young adults ages 18-24.
To qualify you must meet the criteria below:
You can not be attending school.
You must be eligible to work in the United States.
You have to live in the Metro North Region which includes the following cities:
Cambridge, Chelsea, Revere, Winthrop, Medford, Malden, Everett and Somerville
Eligibility process applies to all potential students for this grant
Monday – Wednesday – Thursday 9:00am – 2:00pm
360 hours online and in-person lab sessions
- Fundamental training on Machining include:
- Math Refresher
- Print Reading
- Basics of CNC operations
- Soft skills and job readiness
- IGMSP – Intro to General Machine Shop Practices.
- NIMS Credential
Small Business Direct Access Program
The Direct Access Program addresses smaller-scale training needs by making training slots available free of charge to businesses that are eligible for the Workforce Training Fund.
Businesses should consider the program when:
- The scope and scale or training needs are smaller than what would be proposed in a General Program application
- Training needs cannot be easily met by a consortium or Express Program grant.
- Training programs have been funded across Massachusetts to train employees in such topics as process improvement, computer skills, supervisory skills, and more. To learn about training opportunities, view the list of Direct Access Training Providers.